Our Blog

This blog spot is primarily a photo/memory album for our family. It also serves as a way for us to share what is going on in our lives with our friends and family that don't see us on a regular basis. Ashley, Worth, Ellie, Emma, and Mack

Aug 11, 2019

First Day 2019

This past Wednesday, August 7th, was the first day of school for the Bowers kids. Mack began his first year of elementary school in Kindergarten, Emma entered the 3rd grade, and Ellie started her final year of elementary school, 5th grade. I will have this one and only year in which all 3 kids will be at the same school. I'm loving making 1 drop off and 1 pick up. However, assisting in the carrying of school supplies for 3 children into the school on the first day in 100 degree temps and 99% humidity was for the birds.

I thought I would be sentimental about Mack leaving me, but I really was fine. He knows the school so well already, because he has attended numerous class parties for the girls and meetings with me. He just felt right at home walking in there. I honestly feel he is SO ready for kindergarten that I'm excited for his journey to begin. Ellie, on the other hand, had me in a tornado of emotions. She was so nervous that she almost threw up as we were loading the car that morning. She was quiet and sweaty and almost in tears during the ride there. I don't think I have ever seen her so worked up and worried. She finally pulled it together though and we successfully got her to her classroom, supplies in tow, with no more incidents. She has since calmed slightly, and seemed in better spirits about going back this week.

When I picked the kids up from school Friday, I turned to Mack to congratulate him on his first week of kindergarten. Mack replied, "Well, I made it 3 days without hitting anybody."  Enough said.


Not related to school, we have a new semi pet. "Cat Food" (aptly named by the kids)  greets us every morning now to  have breakfast with Aspen and Dash. I never knew a turtle would eat cat food until Cat Food started visiting. 
One of the last days before school started, the kids and I had some pool time together. It is so hot here, there is really nothing else to do. 
Monday was time for open house and meet the teacher! 

Monday night I gave the girls their back to school pedicures. Mack entertained while they waited on their toes too dry. 
Whether I wanted it to or not, Wednesday came and another school year began. 
We dropped Mack off in his classroom first. He sat right down and got to work. 
Emma was our next stop. She was so ready and excited!
Finally, Ellie and I made our way to her classroom Her new teacher, Mrs. Tucker, even posed up with her for the picture. Mrs. Tucker wanted to make sure I got her "good side" in the picture. I think Ellie will be just fine in her class. 
As expected, Emma was hovering over Mack to make sure he got to my car at pick up. 

Our annual after school trip to The Mill for buffet pizza and games  is always something they look forward to!
Emma worked hard to win some tickets on this game. 

Ellie is still a sucker for the claw game. 

Pirate patches as prizes for the game tickets. 
After pizza, we headed down the road for dessert, FROYO at The Mix. 

Family selfie. Best I could get. 


This was Mack's kindergarten self portrait that was his homework this weekend. He informed me that he made sure he added his "bed head." 






No comments: