Our Blog

This blog spot is primarily a photo/memory album for our family. It also serves as a way for us to share what is going on in our lives with our friends and family that don't see us on a regular basis. Ashley, Worth, Ellie, Emma, and Mack

Aug 15, 2011

New Pre-School

One of the things I have missed most about Birmingham was Ellie's daycare. Ellie had excellent care and teachers there, and it was very hard for me to take her away from that. She learned so much and became very attached to her teachers and friends in her class. I can't imagine how military families feel when they have to move their children around so much. I see how drastically changing a child's routine can affect them and I hate that we had to do that with Ellie. We all are adjusting, however, and we really like living here in Valdosta so far!

One of the biggest changes was putting Ellie into a new preschool. We pondered between two different schools and finally decided to send her to Park Avenue Methodist Pre-school. Her first day was this morning and Ellie had a blast. She walked right into the room, grabbed a chair and even gave her teacher a shout out as she entered the room. The parents were supposed to stay the first 30 minutes of the class this morning, but as I was taking pictures of Ellie she looked at me and said "See you later, mom!" I took that as my cue and left quickly! The teacher said she did great today, so hopefully that will continue. I've posted some pics of the morning below.





No comments: