Our Blog

This blog spot is primarily a photo/memory album for our family. It also serves as a way for us to share what is going on in our lives with our friends and family that don't see us on a regular basis. Ashley, Worth, Ellie, Emma, and Mack

Feb 3, 2013

35th Birthday and Cousin Love

I haven't been posting much over the last month because I've been nursing a little illness called morning sickness. Except, for me, morning sickness is all day and all night sickness. (All I can say is thank God for Zofran!) Having two children, working part time, shuffling Ellie around to ballet and gymnastics, and feeling like I'm going to vomit every few minutes has taken it's toll on me for the past 6 weeks. (I also have to say thank God for my husband! I would have not been able to survive without him!)

We found out we were expecting a couple of weeks before Christmas and decided to keep it under wraps until later. We agreed to wait for my birthday this past Friday to announce our little surprise with the family since we had made the announcement of my pregnancy with Ellie on my 30th birthday (5 years ago - YIKES!) I had the girls' shirts made on Etsy. We waited to tell Ellie when we told everyone else mainly because she is quite the blabber mouth now, and we didn't want her sharing our news early:) Once the craziness calmed down. I explained to Ellie what her shirt said and what it meant. She was really excited, but when she looked at the ultrasound pictures she told my mom and I, "But I don't feel a baby in my belly!" She was a little confused! Emma doesn't really have an opinion at this point. We cannot wait for her reaction once the baby arrives!

Worth and I are thrilled about our new little one. When we got engaged and discussed having children, we were both in agreement that 3 was the perfect number.  We are so excited to finally complete our family. I'm due August 21st, which puts me at 11 weeks 4 days as I'm making this post. Thankfully, Friday morning when I woke up, I was feeling much better. I've been Zofran free for 3 days now and hope it stays that way.

Friday night, Kate and Jay were able to come and bring baby Bo. He was not really impressed with our news, but our girls loved smooching all over him all night. Ellie kept wanting to hold him, and he wasn't a fan of that. He was so sweet, and I know pretty soon those cousins are going to be getting into all kinds of trouble together!

I put the shirts on the girls once everyone got here and had them run out for a "performance" Ellie was instructing everyone to read her shirt. As you can see, no one had actually read the shirts at this point

Now some reaction when they see what the shirts say

Ellie and Emma still not quite sure what's going on

Ellie looks like she's trying to pick Bo's nose in this picture. Poor Bo!

Emma actually loves Bo, which is a good thing considering how she normally acts around newcomers!

Mia and her 3 grandbabies

Posing in their shirts after it had been explained to them what they said and meant

Crazy girls

Ellie was obsessed with wanting to hold baby Bo

Emma's face in this picture is priceless. Bo is not happy about being in cousin Ellie's lap (it's probably too bony!)

Bo is OVER it!

Bo figured out Daddy wasn't too far away so he was ok with things

Sweet sisters to be!





1 comment:

pcb said...

Perfect wrap-up of a wonderful night!