Our Blog

This blog spot is primarily a photo/memory album for our family. It also serves as a way for us to share what is going on in our lives with our friends and family that don't see us on a regular basis. Ashley, Worth, Ellie, Emma, and Mack

Sep 22, 2013

Ellie's 5th Birthday and Mack at 1 month

We had a great week this past week celebrating Ellie's 5th birthday on Thursday (I can't believe she's 5!) and Mack's 1 month old birthday on Saturday. Ellie got her ears pierced for her birthday and had an Ariel  "Under the Sea" swim party.

Thursday ended up being a crazy day.  Ellie had Doughnuts for Dads Day at school that morning (they were studying the letter D this past week) so, I had to play Dad since Worth had been on heart call and was called in around 10pm Wednesday night for a heart surgery, then due to a couple of his partners being off, he had to continue working until about 2:30pm Thursday (1 hour before Ellie's Party).

I took 3 kids (which is a circus by itself) to doughnuts for dads, went to pick up Ellie's cake and fruit, cheese, snacks, etc. for the party, had to come home nurse Mack, then return to the school for Ellie's "school birthday party."

If I wasn't sweating enough, I got everyone home for lunch and had to prepare all the party favors and stuff for the party. (I did make Ellie help me with the party favors - she IS 5 now!) All while Mack rode around in the baby Bjorn (thank goodness he likes that thing!) In the meantime, one of my best friends from high school was passing through town and popped in to say hey. (We haven't seen each other since Christmas, so I was pumped to see her!) My house looked like a bomb had exploded in it but I know Becky didn't care, so I didn't stress. After she left, Worth finally got home in time to shower, change and help me load the car for  the party. (Keep in mind he hasn't slept since Tuesday night! )

We finally all made it to the party and  it ended up being a great gig, with only about 4 meltdowns (Ellie included) at the end of the party from the 4 and 5 year old party goers (out of about 20 kids being there) . I call that a good party! I think once we were home, we all crashed Thursday night. I am the only one that came out of the week with a cold. (so far!)

Mack turned 1 month old on Saturday. Things he's up to these days: He is lifting his head up and turning back and forth during tummy time, he's rolled from belly to back 1 time so far, he smiled at 3 and 1/2 weeks, he is sleeping great - he eats at 9 pm, goes down, then sleeps until about 3 am. He eats at 3 am then goes back to sleep until 6:30 or 7:00am. Compared to the girls, I think that is good sleeping for a 1 month old. He is so sweet and is beginning to really watch his sisters (he can't help it, they are always in his face!) He especially loves Emma right now, he smiles really big when she talks to him. It's so cute and completely melts my heart.
Ellie just after her ears were pierced. I thought they might numb it up a little since we had it done at the pediatrician's office, but no, it hurt. I felt so bad, but she got over it quickly after seeing her earrings.

Birthday girl at breakfast

She got earrings for her birthday from Mia and E.W. and Mommy and Daddy

Elle and Emma celebrating at breakfast

Mack chillin in the miracle blanket

Ellie's class sang Happy Birthday to her

Ellie was eating this up!

Class party time. Ellie wanted popcorn instead of cupcakes at school - I was fine with that and so were her teachers. They thanked me for it!


My sweet 5 year old


Pre party picture - Worth had not slept in 24+ hours and I was dripping from head to toe with sweat. Good times!
The 5 year old with the fam


Emma checking things out - no surprise there

Just a few of the kids that were there

Emma testing out the kiddie pool

The Cake


Getting ready to blow out the candle

Papa and Mack hanging out in the shade






Water fight in the baby pool

First big smiles (this happened at about 3 and 1/2 weeks)


The caboose at 1 month!




My sweet boy!
Just a couple of videos from the doughnuts for dads program. Ellie was one of the few preschoolers putting on a show! 


No comments: