Our Blog

This blog spot is primarily a photo/memory album for our family. It also serves as a way for us to share what is going on in our lives with our friends and family that don't see us on a regular basis. Ashley, Worth, Ellie, Emma, and Mack

Oct 6, 2013

Mimi

Yesterday I lost my grandmother, Mimi. She was 91 years old. It is so hard to say goodbye to such a loving, wonderful person. She was a huge influence in my life. She was born in 1922, only went to school through the 6th grade, worked hard for most of her life, was an incredible cook/baker, and loved playing the guitar, piano and harmonica. She had 4 children, 6 grandchildren, 12 great grandchildren and 1 great-great grandchild. Mimi taught me many things including an appreciation for cooking and baking, the importance of a clean house, the love of music, and most importantly the love of Christ. I  can't say enough about this woman who was so close to my heart. A piece of my soul died with her yesterday but she certainly lives on in my memory. You will be greatly missed Mimi! I know you are playing that harmonica for Jesus today!
Mimi in her younger years. She was a beautiful lady
4 generations. Last year at Mimi's 90th birthday celebration
Mimi posing on her 90th birthday
One of Mimi's visits to Valdosta. She loved playing the harmonica for people. Ellie and Emma loved it!

This video is a candid one that I happened to record at Christmas when Ellie was about 3 months old. Ellie was having a serious conversation with Mimi:)




1 comment:

pcb said...

So precious; what a wonderful legacy.