Our Blog

This blog spot is primarily a photo/memory album for our family. It also serves as a way for us to share what is going on in our lives with our friends and family that don't see us on a regular basis. Ashley, Worth, Ellie, Emma, and Mack

Feb 25, 2014

Aunt Pat

Dear Death,

You've made your presence known enough around here, now please leave. My heart can't take it anymore! The only solace I have is knowing that you really don't exist. Because of the Cross, my family members are still alive, but with Jesus. They aren't in this world anymore, but I know they are singing the Lord's praises in heaven. 

I can't hear my sweet Aunt's voice anymore giving me advice, telling me about her community and church activities, or the latest of family drama. I don't have my godmother anymore to send me a birthday card or call me to check in on me and my babies. She's not here, you took her, but you still didn't win because I know she's in heaven looking down on us now. Most importantly, she isn't suffering anymore.  Yes, death, your friend cancer that you bring on to take our loved ones away, did break down her physical body, but her spirit has just moved on to  another place. She is in a place where there is no pain, no swelling, no nausea, no exhaustion, and none of the other terrible symptoms that come along with that disease.

Death, don't come back for a while. We've lost 3 family members in 6 months. We don't need anymore hints of you hanging around. We need some time to heal. 

Thanks, 
Ashley 

John 6:55-59

In loving memory of Patricia C. Whitley 5/4/1939 - 2/25/2014       


2 comments:

berryman said...

This made me tear up. She was such a sweet lady. I have been thinking about you and your mama today. Love you!

pcb said...

Love this. Not sure how nonbelievers deal with death at all.