Our Blog

This blog spot is primarily a photo/memory album for our family. It also serves as a way for us to share what is going on in our lives with our friends and family that don't see us on a regular basis. Ashley, Worth, Ellie, Emma, and Mack

Nov 30, 2014

Thanksgiving Weekend

Thanksgiving week is usually always crazy for me, because it sneaks up on me every year. I am never prepared for school to be out, I don't have babysitters lined up for the week, I forget to get the Thanksgiving groceries a week ahead of time and I'm fighting  the crowd in Publix on Tuesday or Wednesday before Thanksgiving. But, this year, I did pretty good. I actually lined my babysitter up 1 week in advance. I got the groceries in time and had all my food made in advance. I was pretty impressed with myself especially since I've had a child (Emma) with flu a and flu b and strep throat for the last 3 weeks, and another child (Mack) with a double ear infection with ruptured ear drum. And yes, Emma did have a flu shot.

Despite all of the sickness and 3 children clawing the walls to get outside and play, but being unable to because of the torrential rain at the beginning of the week,  it was actually a fairly relaxing holiday.
Thanksgiving day, my parents, my brother, and his wife came to our house. Worth was on heart call so we had to host at our house. Worth's parents were up in Athens with his sister who is about to bust with my 2nd nephew- so she couldn't travel. Just like every other year,  we ate way too much and still had way too many leftovers.

Friday morning, we got up early and went to get our Christmas tree at Hambrick's Christmas Tree Farm in Hahira. This is a family tradition that rain, sleet, snow, shine, heart call or regular call, we perform! I love how my husband insists on doing this no matter what every year. I hope our kids stay enthusiastic about it even when they become whiny teenagers.

We spent most of Friday and part of Saturday putting up decorations. Our outside decorations are still a work in progress by Worth, AKA Clark Griswold. (There have been some technical difficulties due to light putting up technique - but so far, no major Bowers baby fits about it) So, I will have to post those pictures later when he gets it all done!

Part of the spread: corn casserole, Mac -n-cheese, Sweet potato soufflé, broccoli casserole, cornbread dressing, green beans, congealed salad, deviled eggs. Desserts not pictured included: pumpkin pie, pecan pie and chocolate pie. Shameful!

The meat: Smoked Turkey breast and Boston Butt (I cheated this year and ordered this from our church youth group. 2 birds with one stone - got my meat for Thanksgiving and supported our church's youth ministries.)

Laying around after our meal

A belated birthday gift to Ellie from Aunt Anna and Uncle Amos - Olaf. She loved it, of course. Anything Frozen makes her extremely happy

Even Freddie was in a food coma

Uncle Amos and Aunt Anna. So glad to be able to spend some time with them!

Loving on Grandma and Papa

My sweet growing girls. Mack was napping.

Mack finally decided to wake up from his nap and hang out with us. 

Aunt Anna spoiled the girls with iPhone games and songs. They did so much of it, her battery died in her phone. 

I had to put this picture in here. For those of you who know my mother and her highly skilled ability to use/see her iPhone, this is pretty funny. I think she might be trying to take a selfie here? Not sure. She is most likely accidentally face timing someone. Mack can probably help her. 
Elle and Mack telling Freddie about what kind of tree we are going to get. 

All loaded up in daddy's truck ready to hit the tree farm. 

"We like this one"


Trying to gather the crew for a picture

And, this is the winner! 

1 comment:

pcb said...

Great pictures - wish we could have been together but glad we could all be with some of the people we love.