Our Blog

This blog spot is primarily a photo/memory album for our family. It also serves as a way for us to share what is going on in our lives with our friends and family that don't see us on a regular basis. Ashley, Worth, Ellie, Emma, and Mack

Jun 27, 2015

UAB reunion trip 2015

We got back last Saturday from our annual UAB reunion beach trip in Ft. Morgan, AL. The weather was beautiful, and we had so much fun! There were 16 kids this year (we added 2 more boys - Connor and Levi.) The older kids really got along great this year and played together wonderfully. Although Mack stayed on eastern time and woke up around 5:30am every morning, and had a couple of nights that he didn't want to sleep at all, it still ended up being a fun trip. We look forward to this trip every year to see our old friends from UAB residency. It is so good to spend time with these sweet families! I wasn't a great picture taker this year. Didn't even get the big group shot :(  I did attempt a family shot, but before we could get it together, Mack decided to jump in the pool in his clothes. Oh well, maybe at SSI this year? 

Mack exploring the water

Emma finding seashell treasures

Lily and Ellie stylin'

She's a beach baby for sure!

Mack decided to join in this year to dig "the hole"

Sweet baby Reece. My kids have NEVER done this on the beach!

The girls playing together sweetly. I'm documenting this for future reference. 

Baby Connor was the sweetest kid there. I don't think h knows how to do anything but smile and be happy. He is such a cutie!

Baby Levi is the youngest of the group this year. As a 3 month old at the beach, I think he did really good!

And then, there is Mack...

Following Daddy into the waves. 

Under the boardwalk was a popular place again this year. 

The set up from above

Nightly hot tub time

Connor had a big time this year!


The dad's had a big time this year as well, this is a few of the dads trying to sling a water balloon on Russell

Russell waiting to get hit by the water balloon that never reached him

Hard to get a regular smile these days. 

All the kiddos. Poor things, we faced them directly towards the sun, hence all the squinting


The boys that started all these wonderful relationships

Showing off their UAB Blazers

Lily, Ellie, Caroline, Maggie, and Emma

The Steurmanns

Where I found my son when it was time for my family picture. I walked up to the pool and he saw me with the camera, shot his head up and said "cheese!" 

Just hanging out fully clothed, in the pool. 

Another attempted shot of the kids. I love Ellen doing the heel stretch. This would be hysterical reenacted in about 20 years. 

Low Country Boil night! 


Proof that the moms are there. And, yes, this is how we look the entire week. No makeup, PJ's after beach. It's so laid back and fun....

Because this is what we do the entire week!

The guys in their executive board meeting. We actually heard one of them say something about  "the first order of business" They are too much!

Just a day under the tents

Emma decided she wanted to attempt boogie boarding

I think we have a future surfer on our hands. She loved it!

This washed up by my ankles in the ocean one afternoon. It's a memorial bracelet for a Joshua Harton who  was killed in action in Afghanistan on Sept 18, 2010. He was only 23 years old.  I tried to message his mother on Facebook ( I found her name after googling his name and reading his obituary.) I wanted to thank her for her son's service and extend my condolences. I also asked her if she wanted me to mail the bracelet back to her. She has never responded to my email.  
And this happened on the ride home

Imagine a snoring sound here. Sums up how we all felt after returning home. We already miss everyone!

No comments: