Our Blog

This blog spot is primarily a photo/memory album for our family. It also serves as a way for us to share what is going on in our lives with our friends and family that don't see us on a regular basis. Ashley, Worth, Ellie, Emma, and Mack

Nov 8, 2015

Air Show

Yesterday, we attended the Moody AFB air show here in Valdosta. I really wanted to go, because it has been quite a few years since I have been to an air show. My dad used to take me when I was young, but I think I was 10 or 11 the last time I saw one. Daddy of course, was all in for going. Worth was on call, however, so my dad got recruited with helping me cart children around. But I think everyone had a good time. It was a little hot for everyone, but it was a beautiful day to watch the airplanes.

My dad was in his element there, telling me and the kids all kinds of tid bits about each plane that we saw. Mack loved it (since an airplane is still his favorite thing in the world!) The girls enjoyed it as well, but we had to leave around lunch due to the heat and everyone being tired and hungry. We missed the Thunderbird performance because it wasn't until later that afternoon. Daddy was supposed to stay and watch them, but it was so hot he ended up leaving early too. Yes, it was close to 90 degrees here yesterday and it's November. Gotta love south Georgia!

Proof that I was there

Daddy was thrilled to be there

Up in the huge cargo plane. (I'm terrible at remembering all of the exact names of these planes!) Anyway, this thing was HUGE! These doors that they are standing on can open up to drop supplies, equipment, even tanks out to troops. 

They had the nose of the plane lifted up. You could go into the cockpit, but the line to go in was as long as the plane. 

This was a tank, Mack wasn't as impressed with this as he was the big airplane.




You can barely see it in this picture, but they had a paratrooper jump out of a plane and hold the American flag as a lady on ground sang the national anthem. It was really cool, and I tried to get a good picture of the parachuter and the flag gracefully floating down, but obviously I did a terrible job! 

The flag and the trooper coming in for a landing in the distance. 

This was really cool, and my picture doesn't even come close to giving it justice,  but they had a team of paratroopers jump,  gradually come into a formation, then come to land one at a time holding their flag of army, air force, marine, etc. Really awesome to watch!

Just hanging out, out of the sun in the helicopter

Mack didn't understand how to drive the helicopter with it's joystick vs. steering wheel. 

Ellie, ready for take off

A pilot showing the girls the inside of a fighter plane. Ellie was a little disappointed that she didn't get to get inside the plane. 

This is a big WWII plane, I can't remember what daddy said the name was, but he did say it was a plane that won us WWII. 

Flying tigers plane. 

This was a plane flown in the Korean war - once again, I can't remember the name. Daddy said you don't see these in the air anymore. It was doing all kinds of cool tricks. 




 There were plenty of other planes flying and doing lots of tricks, but dealing with 3 very active, hot, and tired kids, I didn't get to take any other pictures. It was fun being there, and lots of fun getting some time with my daddy!


1 comment:

pcb said...

Looks like some wonderful memories made, despite the heat!