Our Blog

This blog spot is primarily a photo/memory album for our family. It also serves as a way for us to share what is going on in our lives with our friends and family that don't see us on a regular basis. Ashley, Worth, Ellie, Emma, and Mack

May 24, 2016

School's out for summer!

JSchool is finally out and I have a moment to post several pictures (sorry about the photo overload) of what has been going on around here for the last week. It has been a very emotional week for me with Emma graduating from preschool. I still am in shock that she will be going to kindergarten next year. I feel like it was just yesterday that I brought her home from St. Vincent's in Birmingham.

In addition to her graduation, we have had a 2 year old preschool end of year program, a 1st grade last day, a 4 year old preschool last day party, and a 2 year old preschool class end of year party. Following the week of parties and celebrations, we had dance recital all weekend as a finale.

Having 3 children in 3 different schools this year was crazy, but I'm so glad we did it. I couldn't have asked for better teachers and experiences for my kids.

Since I no longer have brain cells, I volunteered myself to be a helping backstage mom with both girls' dance classes. I figured since I would have to do 5 costume changes between the 2 of them, I might as well just stay backstage. Little did I know, the girls would perform in 2 separate performances on 2 different days. So, basically, between rehearsals and performances I spent from Friday at 3:30 pm until Sunday at 6:00pm backstage at Mathis Auditorium.

It was really special being able to be backstage though, and I was really proud of myself for not strangling any preK or 1st grade dancers. Geez, I had no idea how hard it would be keeping 12 four year olds and 12 seven year olds quiet, calm, not crying because their moms left and got to sit and watch in the nicely air conditioned auditorium, costumes intact, make up perfect (and this dance studio requires RED lipstick for stage wear,) etc. etc.  I have done this before and I don't remember it being so hard! It ended up being so much fun though, and we did get a few minutes of air conditioning when the girls went upstage to perform. I also got to watch from just off the side of the stage behind the curtain, so I got some great pictures from that angle. It does help when your best friend is the artistic director of the dance studio. So, being able to hang out with her backstage all weekend, and watch her do her thing was fun as well.

Emma's end of the year party at the YMCA



Emma didn't care about being in the pool long

She wanted to hang out with the boys who were up to no good. 



Mack before his end of the year program at Christ Episcopal Preschool. 

We started out with a tucked in shirt. 

Mack's class walking in

This is how he looked by the time he made it to the front of the church

And by the way, he OWNED all the songs he sang. Despite looking like I dragged him out of the dirty clothes hamper


Mack and one of his teachers Ms. Diane

Mack and another teacher, Ms. Susan

At the Methodist church now for Emma's preschool graduation

Such a big girl


PAUMC PreK class of 2016

Poor thing has such a small head her hat was too big

Singing praises

Ms. Tish (Emma's teacher) giving her her diploma

I thought this was such a sweet picture

Our Graduate who said she wants to be "a principal" when she grows up

Last day getting walked to the car in preschool 
Dance recital pictures follow. Some Worth took in the audience, and some I took from backstage. If you are wondering, yes my husband did attend BOTH recitals. I got a babysitter for Mack so he would have no excuses. I just failed to mention that Ellie's recital was going to be 1 hour longer than what Emma's had been. (3 hours total length.) I just didn't want to hear or deal with the eye rolling and whining from him. I get enough of that from my 7 year old. He's got 2 girls that LOVE dance so far,  so he's got to go ahead and get used to this dance recital thing.
Emma doing her ballet performance



Tap to "I've got the cutest little baby face"



Ellie's turn for ballet


"At the Hop" for tap. Ellie was a big booty shaker in this dance. It was so cute!





Last but not least - jazz


She fell during one kick during this dance. She's been so upset about it that she has been practicing that kick for the last 2 days. 


Emma's sweet ballet class lined up backstage

Waiting patiently

More waiting. Learning a lesson in backstage etiquette



Ellie and her friend, Abby

Anna Clark, Ellie, and Abby

Miss Priss


My view


Watching the prima ballerina perform from backstage



No comments: