Our Blog

This blog spot is primarily a photo/memory album for our family. It also serves as a way for us to share what is going on in our lives with our friends and family that don't see us on a regular basis. Ashley, Worth, Ellie, Emma, and Mack

Oct 15, 2017

Mid October Madness

We are suddenly in the middle of October. It's supposed to be fall, but it's still 90 degrees in the afternoon here, so we are still sweating and swatting at gnats and mosquitos down here in Valdosta.

Despite the summer weather, we've had a very eventful week. This week, Mack's class visited the pumpkin patch, we went to the Tift Co. vs. Lowndes Co. high school football game, and we gained a new family member. My brother and his wife welcomed their first child, a boy, into the world. His name is Henry Harding Tift. He will be called "Hardy." Hardy is named after my great great grandfather who founded Tifton, GA where Worth and I grew up.

The birth was eventful and I have to document because I want him to know about it one day. His father, my brother, Amos called me while we were at the Lowndes/Tift football game and said, "um, did you have contractions with Ellie, Emma, and Mack?" I immediately asked, "How far apart are they and how long has she had them." After his response, I told him they should call the doctor. The next thing I heard, they were on the way to the hospital. My parents already had packed their bags, so they decided to get in the car and get up to Athens to be there for the birth.

After the football game I called my parents to check on them because they were driving to Athens (a 3 hour drive) so late at night. My mom was in laughing hysterics telling me what had happened to them. They were driving on the interstate and kept hearing a squeaking noise. For whatever reason, they had convinced themselves that there was a bird in their car. My dad got to an exit in Ashburn, pulled over, and checked. Nope, no bird. It was the back wind shield wiper squeaking. This happened after they lost the car keys for 20 minutes before they left. (The car keys were in the car.) 😂 They were both so befuddled trying to get to a birth that didn't happen for another 17 hours. I felt it was a story worth documenting since I am still laughing about it 2 days later. That one is for you Hardy, welcome to our crazy family, and Happy Birthday!


Mack at the pumpkin patch. I was tied up in a bible study group, so thankfully Worth was off and could go take a few pictures. Worth commented to me that the other kids had pumpkin shirts and fall outfits on, except for Mack.
When I dressed him that morning, I figured Georgia football was synonymous with fall, (right?) I also had to remind Worth that no one in this family owns an orange shirt. Duh!
Mack's sweet little class. I do spy anther boy in a Georgia outfit. :)

Report cards came home Friday. This year, in the 3rd grade, Ellie gets real grades. We were proud to see that she made honor roll. She really is a great student, I just wish she would apply herself as well at home. 

We attended the Tift County vs. Lowndes County football game Friday night in Tifton at Brodie Field. The girls cheered on their Vikings, while Worth and I cheered on our Alma Mater, the Tift County Blue Devils. Mack is technically not a Viking yet, so I dressed him in Blue Devil blue. It was a REALLY good game. Both teams played their hearts out, but Lowndes came out with the win 51-38. 

After a long labor and eventual c-section, this little guy finally made it into the world. We didn't know the gender until he was born, which made for tons of excitement and bets among the family. It ended up being a boy, baby Hardy. 

Hard to tell who he looks like in these very newborn pictures, but I see a good bit of both my brother and his wife Anna. 

Hardy! 

Uncle Amos and his son. I thought this was the sweetest picture my mom sent me.  It is still very surreal to see my baby brother with a baby (even though he's 33 years old!)



No comments: