Our Blog

This blog spot is primarily a photo/memory album for our family. It also serves as a way for us to share what is going on in our lives with our friends and family that don't see us on a regular basis. Ashley, Worth, Ellie, Emma, and Mack

Dec 17, 2017

Performances All Around

This week was the week of music performances. Last Sunday night Ellie sang in her her children's choir group with the adult church choir and the local orchestra. It was beautiful! Monday night Mack had his preschool Christmas program, and he certainly put on a show. This pageant is my favorite of the year.

Tuesday, my friend from high school and I met up in Jacksonville to see Janet Jackson. This was originally a 38th birthday gift to me 2 years ago from Worth, but Janet cancelled the show due to pregnancy (at 50 years old!) As soon as she hit the road again my friend, Neilie, and I got tickets as soon as we could. We were huge fans as kids, and at one point were determined to be backup dancers for her on tour. (A kid can dream, right?) We saw her previously in Atlanta in 1998 and compared to last Tuesday, I can honestly say Janet still has it. At 51 she can still move on a stage and entertain. We had a blast!

Thursday, Ellie had her music program at school. I only shot a small, short video but it was so cute! It was only 2nd and 3rd graders that performed with a cameo appearance of Frosty and Santa. The kids did good, and I was impressed with what the music teacher had done with those 300+ kids.

Friday, the school Christmas parties for Emma and Ellie took place. I have decided that I'm a terrible room mom. I'm doing my best, but it is really exhausting. 



Ellie's group that sang last Sunday night. She is 3rd from the left on the 2nd row. She has a huge red bow in the back of her head. 


our little sheep in the preschool Christmas pageant



That's his best friend, Luke to the right of him. They are quite a pair, and the loudest ones on stage. 



My favorite picture from the night. 

Emma dressed for the occasion


Add caption





Of course his sisters wanted to pose with the performer. 

Mack has never been a big sleeper, but due to all of the Christmas excitement, he has really been up throughout the night, not napping, and not going to bed at a decent hour. This happened in carline when we were waiting to get Ellie and Emma on Thursday. He finally gave in, even if it was for only about 15 minutes. He does sleep.


Several years ago, I posted a video of Ellie's nativity from Ms. Jennifer's 3 year old preschool class. Well here is Mack's version: 




Ellie's class had an ornament exchange for their Christmas party in her class. She got a beautiful wooden snowflake. 

Emma got pizza and LOTS of sugar! 
Ellie's school Christmas program short video:



A little bit from Janet:






No comments: