Our Blog

This blog spot is primarily a photo/memory album for our family. It also serves as a way for us to share what is going on in our lives with our friends and family that don't see us on a regular basis. Ashley, Worth, Ellie, Emma, and Mack

Feb 5, 2018

Birthday Week

This past week I celebrated a big birthday (kind of,) the work began on our back patio cover, and we had a couple of more basketball wins, and the girls attended the Father-Daughter dance.  

On February 1st, I turned 40. I had been completely fine with that number until the weekend and days prior to my birthday. I'm not sure if it was anxiety associated with my approaching birthday, PMS, basketball season insanity, Worth being on call/heart call, or the super moon, (or a combination of all 5,) but I had a rough week! It was emotionally draining. So much so that on the night of my birthday, after eating dinner (which was Zaxby's that Worth picked up,) I didn't even want my birthday cake. I have since eaten several pieces, so no worries there. I couldn't really verbalize what I was feeling, and I'm still not sure why it felt so crazy. I wish I was a good writer and could come up with some good descriptors of how and/or why I felt so weird. It was almost as if a cloud of depression had descended over me. I had to constantly remind myself all day of how thankful I was for all the calls, texts, cards, and FB messages I received. I especially got tons of love from the kids, which always makes me happy. They gave me cards, hugs, and the girls had good behavior all day. Mack was sweet in the morning, but jumped off the good behavior bus pretty early in the day. I'm sure somehow he was sensing my emotional unrest, so he wanted to join in. I really can't explain why I felt that way. I am so grateful for everyone in my life and the life I have, I just couldn't pull myself out of the funk until the following day when my birthday was over. Despite the somber contemplation and reflection, I survived the day. Worth ended up taking me out for a nice dinner sans kids on Saturday night, which was fun and definitely lifted my spirits as well. 

Friday night the girls got to go to the father daughter dance at the Valdosta Country Club. They loved getting dressed up and I loved getting them dressed up for the occasion. They didn't stay long at the dance, but they said they had a great time. I thought they looked beautiful. Their dad was a lucky guy to have those two to show off! 


In addition to dances, basketball practices and games, they began work on our back patio cover earlier this week. We have been wanting a cover over the area because it gets so HOT in the summer out there that we can't sit out there and enjoy the patio. We will now have a cover with a big fan, lights and most importantly, shade from the afternoon sun beat down. I can't wait until it's finished! 




The girls rarely do princess dress up anymore. I had to grab a quick picture of Emma the other day. It may be a last princess dress up picture:(

Mack in full on tantrum mode for my 40th birthday.

This went on for most of the day. 

He has such an intense personality. Sometimes (ok, a lot of the time) he has a hard time pulling it together.  

the annual Mi-Lady Bakery cake for my birthday. My parents were sweet and brought it down from Tifton for me. 

Excuse my appearance, I had worked out that day and had not yet showered.  Me and my crazy crew.  Ellie and Mack look like twins in this picture. 

Getting ready for the daddy daughter dance. 

They looked so pretty and grown up! 

They were freezing and over me taking pictures at this point. 

Ellie's team had another win! These girls are smoking their league so far! 

Patio cover addition so far

SHADE!!!

Now to figure out what kind of furniture we want!

Still more to do, but I will post the finished product pictures when that happens. (Hopefully sooner than later!) 


No comments: