Our Blog

This blog spot is primarily a photo/memory album for our family. It also serves as a way for us to share what is going on in our lives with our friends and family that don't see us on a regular basis. Ashley, Worth, Ellie, Emma, and Mack

Apr 22, 2018

Gymnastics Exhibition 2018

This weekend was the annual gymnastics exhibition. The girls still LOVE gymnastics. We only have it once a week, so we don't do team or anything. It is mainly an adjunct to dance. Gymnastics is such a good sport for core strength and coordination. I don't mind continuing to let the girls take it. They have gotten better every year. Emma is still in level 1 and Ellie is a level 3. They both did so good this year, and I was so proud of them. Ellie finally has her back hand spring! It was definitely a mental thing with her. She has been holding back because of fear. One day I went to pick her up from gymnastics and her coach said, "She just did her back hand spring! She said she was going to do it, and she did it!" Ellie has been doing them continuously since then! I'm incredibly proud of her for overcoming that fear.

I apologize for the shaky videos. We were at the exhibition for over 3 hours watching both girls. Mack was over it after the first 30 minutes and was wallowing around in my lap as I was attempting to take pictures and video.


Ellie walking out at the beginning. I think she was really nervous. 

My best attempt at getting her picture as they called her name. 

Floor routines first. 












Next up was Ellie's bar routine. This is terrible video quality but she was a mile away from where we were sitting when she was on bar. She did so well, especially with her dismount. 



Last up was beam. I didn't get a good enough video of her vault, but is was the same vault she did last year. 



Once Ellie's group finished, we waited on Emma's group to start. 

Emma walking in. 

Emma paused just long enough for me to get a shot of her stretch as they called her name. 
 Her vault was first.




Doing a hand stand to flat back after her vault

Her floor routine was next, straddle rolls. 


cartwheels


    Bar was up next for Emma:


Then beam:







I was proud of this little girl who is so competitive she came home and worked on her floor routine AFTER the exhibition. 


I took the kids to get yogurt after the exhibition since we were there from 11:30am-3:00pm! They changed up how the exhibition went this year, and with the girls taking classes on different days, we were basically stuck there all afternoon. I am always glad to watch them though, because due to our crazy schedule, I can never sit during their regular classes and watch. I will say, the hardest part was enduring Worth and Mack's complaining. 

No comments: