Our Blog

This blog spot is primarily a photo/memory album for our family. It also serves as a way for us to share what is going on in our lives with our friends and family that don't see us on a regular basis. Ashley, Worth, Ellie, Emma, and Mack

Dec 22, 2018

Christmas 2018 part 2

This is the part of Christmas that can get hairy and exhausting but be fulfilling all at the same time. We are rushing around trying to finish Christmas shopping, the kids have shows/concerts/parties out of the wazoo, there is music everywhere, baking, working to get Christmas cards out BEFORE Christmas, basketball practice, student council meetings, STEAM meetings, work Christmas parties, gift exchanges, people have to actually be fed, and then we attempt to get into bed before 10pm every night. (That's the shortened version.) It's exhausting, but it makes the rest that comes Christmas Eve and Christmas day even more relaxing. There are lots of videos in this post because of the amount of performances we had over the last week.


December 9th started off with the Glory of Christmas concert at our church. The choir sings along with the Valdosta community orchestra. The 2nd-5th grade K-kids choirs get to jump in for a couple of songs. It really is a beautiful music experience to get you into the Christmas spirit. 

Ellie and Emma were both performers this year 






In our house, once you turn 5, you have to start making your  own bed in the morning. I usually don't care how good it looks, but it just needs to be made up. Mack normally just throws his pillows all on the bed and calls it a day. This past week, however, he really began attempting to make it look nice. I was so proud of him. (I think Emma gave him some instruction) I have no doubt, he was also motivated by the fact that our elf, Red, was here watching to report to Santa. 

Monday, Dec. 10th, Mack was a wiseman in his school Christmas pageant. 







They all did such a good job!

So very serious! This was our 8th and final Park Ave. UMC Preschool Christmas pageant. It was bitter sweet to watch this sweet production for the last time with one of my kids in it. 

Wednesday, the 12th, Emma sang in her school Christmas concert. It was 2nd and 3rd graders and was so fun this year! 

Of course, Emma was behind a table from the view where I had a seat. 










Wednesday night (also the 12th) was the k-kids concert at church. All 3 of my kiddos were in in and did a great job!







Ellie was a reader several times this year. After her solo experience last year (she did great- just sang a wrong verse.) she opted to read instead of singing a solo. 








This past Tuesday ALL 3 kids had class parties. Mack's was the first at 11:00 am. Then Emma's at 12:30, and finally, Ellie's at 1:30pm. 

I was a mom helper for Mack's party. I just brought chicken nuggets and fruit, but Luke's mom had the cutest decorations and even came up with a fun version of musical chairs for them to play to win coloring books. 

They sang a few songs for us. 












Charlie and Mack

I love how she teaches them reverence during their prayer.


I missed any picture ops at Emma's party because they were taking their party snack outside to the playground when I made it there. Her teacher also stopped me to talk about Emma (all VERY good things,) so I missed any photo ops of her eating ice cream and playing. I got plenty of chances for pictures in Ellie's party. We were in her room for quite a while. They played several games before having a snack. 

Ellie's ELA teacher was so sweet. She gave Mack crayons and coloring pages to work on while he had to sit there. 

Mack decided to jump in on Ellie's friend picture. Ellie, Colette, and Kathryn. 

Levi's legacy is everywhere. I took these posters to the pediatrician's office this summer and asked them to put them up. They are up ALL over their office and have been since this summer. I was in tears!

Ellie had her 10 year check up. She had just had her finger pricked and I was joking with her taking her picture in the  paper gown. Shortly after this, she passed out. Thankfully the pediatrician walked in as it was happening and was there to help me get her supine on the table. Girl cannot stand the site of blood and she had looked at her finger when they pricked it. I don't see a future in healthcare of this one. 

Ellie made the school Facebook page and the Valdosta Daily Times paper. She is on the student council and they did a toy drive for the kids in FL that lost everything in the hurricane. Ellie is quoted in all of the pictures. I thought it was hilarious, as said student council member forgot to tell her mom about this so we didn't send in ONE toy. I felt awful, but what can you do? I think she felt bad enough that she forgot to tell me, it won't happen again. At least she helped in some of the packing and gathering (I think.) 

At Ellie's basketball practice Thursday night there was a dry erase  board in the gym we were at. Mack drew Worth and I. 

No comments: