Our Blog

This blog spot is primarily a photo/memory album for our family. It also serves as a way for us to share what is going on in our lives with our friends and family that don't see us on a regular basis. Ashley, Worth, Ellie, Emma, and Mack

Dec 7, 2019

Halloween-November 2019

I am updating this morning as the kids eat breakfast, Worth is traveling to the SEC Championship in Atlanta, and the girls and I await heading back to Mathis Auditorium for their final Nutcracker performance this year later today.  I figured it would be a good time to sum up the last 2 months in pictures, as we will have so many more to come in December. I am also somewhat procrastinating getting our Christmas  cards ordered.

Mack lost his first tooth in October. I went to check on him in the shower. As I was washing his hair, he looked up and smiled and I noticed there was a missing tooth. I screamed, "MACK, you lost a tooth, where is it?!!" He had the most confused look on his face and said, "No, mama, it's been separating all day, It's just like that." He didn't believe me or even understand until I pulled him out of the shower and made him look in the mirror. He had no clue he had even lost the tooth.  
Clearly, he had lost/swallowed/dropped his tooth out of his mouth at some point between dinner and his shower and had no idea. We had no tooth for the tooth fairy, so he decided to write her a note. A side note, I discussed this with the dentist. He said he had never had a kid not realize they lost their tooth. I guess there is a first time for everything, and of course it's Mack. 


Despite not having anything to show for the open spot in his mouth, the tooth fairy was gracious and still showed up. 



Worth was recognized this fall in the Tift County Athletic Hall of Fame. He was recognized on the field that Friday night in the Tift vs. Lowndes game. 


Saturday was a dinner and an award ceremony, 


He did great giving his acceptance speech. 

Our church did not hold the pumpkin patch this year. They did, however, put this up so that we could still get pictures with the kids. 

We skipped out on our church's trunk or treat to carve pumpkins. The end of October had gotten so hairy that we had to prioritize activities. This one was a must. 

I only bought 2 pumpkins to carve, and Mack wouldn't help because the insides freaked him out. He just posed up with the ceramic pumpkin for this picture. 

Audrey from Descendents and Dracula. 

Ellie had a slower time getting around as a blow up unicorn. 

Worth and I were the Griswolds. 


Our trick or treating crew!

It rained just before we went out to trick or treat. As we began our trek around the neighborhood this rainbow appeared and this picture does not do it justice. 




Ellie has been taking jr. cotillion classes and this was on their facebook page. She is dancing with her friend Holden. 
They are SOOOO thrilled to be doing cotillion. 


Mack still wakes up pretty early most mornings. He usually comes in while I'm doing my morning devotional and this is what I'm working with. I had to snap a picture of my morning buddy...fake glasses and all. 

Per Mack, Fall is as red as a GA Bulldog


My cousin, Matthew, opened a running store in Thomasville. I  hustled over their on their opening day to pick up a few things. I can't wait to go back, it's a great store! 

Aspen has found a new home on the screened porch. It's a good use of the porch since we NEVER use it. 


Ellie's team placed 2nd in the final volleyball tournament. They played so good! 




Mack had a huge Thanksgiving feast at school. I was able to go and it was so fun. 


They had to give themselves Indian names. This was Mack's. 


Mack and his best friend, Colson. 
Mack and Emma did a basketball camp the week of Thanksgiving for a couple  of days. I walked into the camp to see Mack in the biggest jersey that they passed out. 

After Ellie and I got a good laugh and were screaming at him to "tuck it in!" One of the coaches decided to help him out. He wasn't the only kid that had to wear it. The next day there was another girl that had it on, and bless her, she could barely run in it. 



We headed to Augusta for Thanksgiving this year to celebrate with Granny Rae. It was her 95th birthday on Thanksgiving day. The kids made her some gifts. 


They were so excited to give her their homemade cards and gifts.


The Berryman's showed up as well. Emma and Grey were enjoying the Macy's parade. 

Ellie and Banks were cuddled up in the chair. 
Mack and Bo, 2 peas in a pod. 
The cousins
I think Granny Rae enjoyed herself. The food was great and the birthday cake was delicious. 

Everybody was there! 


Such a sweet lady. 

Granny Rae and her great-grandchildren


Since there is not a tree farm in our area anymore, we headed to a great lot to pick out our Christmas tree after a big Waffle House breakfast. 

They wanted pictures with every prop.







This may be our Chirtmas card picture, as we haven't had time to get professional pictures  done this year. 

Got the tree up! 



No comments: