Our Blog

This blog spot is primarily a photo/memory album for our family. It also serves as a way for us to share what is going on in our lives with our friends and family that don't see us on a regular basis. Ashley, Worth, Ellie, Emma, and Mack

Mar 14, 2021

One Year!

 It's been one year since the country was completely shut down, one year since my kids said goodbye to their K, 3rd, and 5th grade teachers for (unbeknownst to them) the last time, one year since a TP shortage that I have never seen in my lifetime, one year since COVID-19 slammed our country with illness, death, and fear. After one year, we have come so far. There is now a vaccine, sports are being played again, restaurants are open for in person dining again, kids have been in school in person successfully for the entire school year in Lowndes County. TP is back on shelves as well as paper towels and other goods. Things are slowly looking normal again. Looking back, it amazes me how fast it all really happened even though (especially during all of the business lock downs) ti seemed that there was utter confusion and unknowns that would change our world forever. I'm so thankful for the time I had at home with our kids last year, but I'm more thankful that they are back to a normal life, that involves interactions with their peers, church, school, and sports involvement. I firmly believe socialization is terribly important for kids. 

With all that being said, this weekend we attended a local festival. Yes, an outdoor festival with people and music and fun! The Azalea Festival was cancelled last year because of COVID, but this year it was on. I took the kids yesterday and they had the best time. There were all kinds of activities, food, arts and crafts, and shows. I was so thankful for that little festival because, by being there, it made me feel like we were really all getting back to some sort of normal (for now.) Some people wore masks, some didn't, but it was all outdoors and the weather was perfect. I think we were all more at risk of pollen allergies than COVID yesterday. (The pollen haze is hanging over us now and is miserable.)


The bungee jump was our first stop. 


I couldn't talk the kids into doing a flip. They just wanted to bounce really high. 

Up next was the rock climbing wall. This is by far, Ellie's favorite thing to do. 


She made it to the top! 

Let's just say, Mack was a little on the struggle bus. 



Emma couldn't be outdone by Ellie. 



She made it to the top as well. 


All the walking and activities required a cool refreshment. Kona Ice for the win. 

Decisions, decisions. 

All Mack wanted to do from the time we got there was swing. Right before we left, he finally got the opportunity. 


While Mack was swinging, Ellie and Emma met up with their sweet friends (who are also sisters) Cara and Shannon Hillberg. 

Mack kept insisting on this sword, even though it cost him $5 of his own money. 


This picture I snapped this morning after church. I had to document Ellie wearing a romper. It blows my mind that these things are back in style. She loves the 2 she has, and she looks super cute in them. 



 


No comments: