Our Blog

This blog spot is primarily a photo/memory album for our family. It also serves as a way for us to share what is going on in our lives with our friends and family that don't see us on a regular basis. Ashley, Worth, Ellie, Emma, and Mack

Dec 15, 2015

December Week 1

So December has rushed in with all its madness. I've decided to divide the December blog posts into weeks, because each week is so jam packed with activity it is easier for me to document that way.

The first weekend of December, Ellie was in the Nutcracker here in Valdosta. Dance Arts (her dance studio) puts on The Nutcracker every year with the Valdosta State University Symphony Orchestra. They have been doing it for around 40 years here. Ellie was so excited to finally be a 1st grader and get her opportunity to dance in this fabulous event. She was a little mouse, and sadly I got very few pictures because I was backstage for most of the performances. I did get to go out into the audience and watch one night and got a chance to video.

Grandma and papa gave her a framed advertisement poster with her mouse picture in it. 

Sweet little mouse

Her class. They were so precious - on and off stage. 

One mother was smart enough to bring a kindle fire to keep the girls quiet and busy backstage.  Ellie commandeered it. I think Santa needs to bring her one. 

Trying to keep them quiet behind the curtain. I had stage left girls - Ellie, Allie, and Addie






The Tuesday that followed Nutcracker weekend was Worth's 36th birthday. We headed as a family to the local Mexican Restaurant - Rodeo. For some weird reason our children were really good and ate their entire plate of food. We didn't have to leave early, we had no major spills at the table, and overall we had a pleasant dining experience with 3 small kids. I think it was a birthday present for Worth! These pictures are all out of order, but you get the point.

Everyone helping Daddy blow out the candles

Worth excited about the candle blowing

The famous cookie cake that I almost forgot to get. I woke up the morning of Worth's birthday and remembered that I had not ordered it. I rushed to Great American Cookie company and asked if I could get one made by the end of the day. The lady was so nice and must have felt sorry for me and my panting, sweaty self. She said, "I can have it ready for you in 10 minutes!" Crisis averted! I win wife of the year for not remembering the only thing my husband ever really wants for his birthday every year. 

Mack approves



These are from the restaurant. The girls wanted pictures with their Daddy

Mack just wanted more chips





The next activity that week was the K-Kids Christmas choirs. Ellie and Emma attend a k-kids program at our church every Wednesday after school. This past Wednesday they all sang for us. It was so good and both girls were star performers.











We ended the week with a Saturday morning visit with Santa and then headed to Tifton for Bo Berryman's birthday party. There are lots of December birthdays in the Bowers family!

None of my kids are timid about asking Santa for gifts




Mack started talking and we had to eventually pull him away. Apparently, he had a lot on his list. 

Still talking...

Bo and his birthday cake

Such a big boy! Hard to believe he's 3!


I think someone was excited about eating some cake. Kate let Banks try some cake and I do believe he liked it more than Bo. 

No comments: