Our Blog

This blog spot is primarily a photo/memory album for our family. It also serves as a way for us to share what is going on in our lives with our friends and family that don't see us on a regular basis. Ashley, Worth, Ellie, Emma, and Mack

Dec 5, 2015

Thanksgiving Season 2015

I have been bad about taking pictures lately. We have been so busy I'm doing another combo post. This post includes a Thanksgiving feast, a UGA tailgate/game in Athens, time in Tifton, getting our Christmas tree, and some great videos. I need to hire someone to update my blog daily lately with all of the stuff we've got going on.

We had a great Thanksgiving. Worth was on call, but was able to come home long enough to eat lunch with us. My parents came down to Valdosta and we had enough food to feed an army. I didn't take any pictures that day, because I spent a lot of time in the kitchen and dealing with children. It was a great day and a great week off for the kids as well.

On a sad note, we lost Worth's grandfather last week. We attended a wonderful memorial service for him in Albany, GA. He was such a precious man and will be terribly missed. He is being buried at Arlington National Cemetery, so I will have a special post dedicated just to him when that occurs.

Emma's Thanksgiving Feast placemat

Lined up and ready to perform (video posted below pictures)

My sweet Indian

Emma and her best friend Mary Grace

Real life for me. A true Bowers baby fit in progress. Throwing off boots, socks and all. 

Tailgate time. UGA vs. GA Southern

Mack was in heaven with all the rocks to throw. 

Ellie went to the very cold game with Worth. I had so many layers of clothing on her, she was like the little kid on "A Christmas Story" 

Kate and I went to the bathroom and came back to find this. All of our children with a coke product in hand. At least a couple of them were caffeine free. 

Jay's sister brought her little boy, James. Bo and Mack kept petting him like he was a dog. It was hysterical. 

GO DAWGS!

What Ellie got out of her Wizard of Oz unit at school. I'm just proud she would be nice if people needed help. 

The Wednesday before Thanksgiving we had to get out of our house for about 4 hours for our maid to clean. I took the kids to Tifton to my parent's house. Ellie wanted to paint outside while Emma and Mack took their naps. 

An artist at work




The day after Thanksgiving, we did our annual Christmas Tree farm trip to pick out the perfect tree. 
Emma thought she found one 
Ellie and Mack checking another one out. 

They liked this one. 

But we picked this one. 

Trying to get 3 monkeys to pose for a picture is not easy these days. 




I guess you get the point - this was it. 


Cotton fields surrounded the tree farm. The kids were dying to "touch the cotton"


Up and ready for decor.

Mack and Ellie being silly with the Michael Jackson ornament that sings.






Mack being silly the other night. He learned this dance at school and walks around our house doing it all the time!



No comments: