Our Blog

This blog spot is primarily a photo/memory album for our family. It also serves as a way for us to share what is going on in our lives with our friends and family that don't see us on a regular basis. Ashley, Worth, Ellie, Emma, and Mack

Apr 7, 2016

Jacksonville Zoo

Last week was spring break for us. We didn't do much, but we did decide to visit the Jacksonville, FL zoo last Wednesday. I knew Kate and the boys were in Tifton, so I invited them to join us. We had such a good time!

We normally see them on holidays or during family gatherings, but the kids are so crazy and sugar loaded during those times, I just don't get much quality time with those sweet boys.  I'm so glad Kate (who is pregnant with her 3rd boy by the way,) was such a trooper to bring herself and the boys to spend the night with us, and then head to the zoo Wednesday morning.

It was a beautiful day and the I think the kids had a really good time. I didn't think Mack got much out of it until I heard him talking to a sweet lady that goes to our church. He was telling her he went to the "jax zoo" and saw "ewephants," "awigators," and "dinasars wif Bo and Banks."

We only had one incident where we almost lost a child. Mack decided to jump a fence and chase after some sort of duck/bird animal.  We did have one bloody nose as well, at about the 20 minutes to home point in the car, Kate looked back in the car and Emma had blood ALL over her. Poor pregnant Kate crawled in the back of the moving vehicle and cleaned her up. I felt so bad! Kate was blaming it on Bo, but Emma is a frequent nose bleeder., so I doubt Bo was responsible for it. Also, Emma never said a word. We have no idea how long she sat in it. There was blood all over her, her booster, the seatbelt, her clothes. Good times! All the kids were really great though, and I know they enjoyed being together. I attempted some group shots of them, but I was not very successful.


No comments: