Our Blog

This blog spot is primarily a photo/memory album for our family. It also serves as a way for us to share what is going on in our lives with our friends and family that don't see us on a regular basis. Ashley, Worth, Ellie, Emma, and Mack

May 6, 2017

April Highlights and Emma's 6th Birthday


APRIL
Emma had a big easter egg hunt at her school 

The entire Kindergarten participated. Ellie was so sad that 2nd graders couldn't have one. 

In the hunt

Emma was literally the first kid to finish. They could only get 12 eggs each

Emma's class minus her teachers- Mrs. Williams and Mrs. Mobley

I posted this one on instagram. This is a true shot of Emma when she is on a mission to win. 

Packing eggs to hunt at Mia's house for Easter

Mack coming into the living room to see if the Easter bunny came. (Due to Mack's behavior that week, he had big reason to be worried that the Easter Bunny might have just hopped by him) 

It's always a race. 

The Easter Bunny came for everyone. (whew!)


"peeps!"

My crew before heading to St. Anne's in Tifton to go to church with Grandma and Papa

After church at Mia's waiting to start the egg hunt. 

And they're off...
Banks' Easter basket was almost as big as him. 

Jumping walls to get to eggs first


Banks and Mack starting to slow down

Bo on a mission in this pic. 




Adults coaching from the porch. 

Checking out loot. 

Mack wasn't interested in getting the most eggs, just getting the eggs that had the best candy in them. 

Emma got to participate in the gymnastics exhibition this year as a level 1 gymnast. 


Ellie is at level 3

Emma doing vault

Emma on beam. 





Emma moved to fast for me to get a picture of her getting her medal


We are taking the summer off from gymnastics to hopefully refresh and jump back in once school starts back. 




The following morning, Mack had his gymnastics carnival for preschoolers. 

Add caption


Good thing I don't plan on keeping him in gymnastics. This is his attempt of a cartwheel. 


His favorite thing about gymnastics, the Pit!

Biggest sister was in charge of him while I took all the pictures. 

Not sure what he's supposed to be doing here, 😂😂


He got a medal, which he is still wearing everywhere. 

We continued with our yearly tradition of doughnuts after gymnastics carnival


We had costume try ons in dance last week. This is Ellie's jazz costume. It is right up her alley. 

Mack didn't want to be outdone in the costume department and insisted on wearing this to the girls' parents observation/costume day. 

Tap for Ellie. This year the theme of recital is stars and stripes. 

Tap for Emma. They all look so cute in this costume. 

Emma in her ballet costume. I didn't get a picture of Ellie in ballet because they both have dance classes at the same time. I was running back and forth from room to room (Mack in tow in Batman costume) to help them try on costumes and get recital information. I was a little frazzled by the time both classes were over at 5:30 and I missed seeing Ellie's tap routine, but I survived and I didn't kill any children in the process. I consider that a win. 

Me, Lauren Massee, Kelly Hagan, Neilie Dunn.
I had to attend a hand therapy conference in Savannah and got to have dinner with these  sweet ladies  the last weekend in April. Lauren and Kelly were best friends that grew up in Statesboro, GA together. Neilie and I have been best friends since about the 7th grade or so. By fate, Lauren and I met and became best friends at UGA, and Neilie and Kelly did the same at Georgia Southern. Only after we had all been in college about a year did we put the connections together and realize what had happened. 20+ years of friendships in this picture. Wish I lived closer to this crew! 

Emma's 6th Birthday
Emma turned 6 this past Thursday, May the 4th. She was so excited about her upcoming birthday this year. Emma is growing so fast and such a sweet soul. She is reading really well now, she has a small obsession with shopkins, she has a heart of gold and would do anything on this earth for Ellie, Mack, or anyone else for that matter. She has come out of her shell a little more this year and has made some new friends in kindergarten. She loves school and especially math. 
On her birthday, Thursday she woke up to gifts and singing from Worth and I. Worth was going to be on call that night, so I woke her up a little early so she could get a birthday hug from daddy before he left. On our way to school, Absolutely Mindy announced Emma's birthday on the radio, and that afternoon I took cupcakes up to her class for their afternoon snack to celebrate. Later that night, Emma and Ellie had an art show at their school. Grandma and Papa had come to town, so we all headed up to the school for the art show and then took Emma to dinner to the restaurant of her choice, which after much pondering, ended up being Steak n Shake. 

Friday, the 5th, was the birthday party. Emma wanted a birthday party at the movie theater this year so we had a movie party. This ended up being one of the easiest birthday parties I've ever done. Worth and I handled 8 kids single handedly in a small party room at the theater. After the kids ate pizza, cookie cake and ran around in circles, we went into the theater, had popcorn, and watched "Boss Baby." No one got hurt, no one escaped, the kids all got along beautifully, and they all enjoyed the movie. Hopefully, however, I hope none of the other kids had the tummy ache that Emma and Ellie ended up with all night.  Too much of the really good food groups: grease, sweets, salt. 
What Emma came downstairs to on her birthday. 

Big girl really reading her birthday cards this year. 

Mack was close by. The day before Emma's birthday in a conversation with me, Mack said, "Mom, you know it's really hard to open gifts." I responded, "Well, Mack I guess it can be." After a long pause Mack said, "Can I help Emma open her gifts? I'm REALLY good at opening gifts." 


Ellie gave Emma a Rubik's cube, so that Emma would't play with hers anymore. 

My sweet birthday girl. This child is such a bundle of love and joy. 

In Emma's class getting ready to eat cupcakes. 

Her class sang "Happy Birthday" to Emma. She blushed and was so embarrassed the entire time. It was so cute. 

Emma and her friend Madison. 

Emma's class chowing down on chocolate cup cakes. They had it ALL over them. I'm sure some parents were not happy with me once they got home. 


Worth and I gave Emma roller skates for her birthday. She has since earned the nickname roller girl. 

Grandma and Papa came and brought gifts. Emma loved reading her cards this year. 

At the Westside Art show. Ellie showing off her art pieces. She's pointing at 2 of them in this picture. 



Ellie did so good on all her art pieces. This was my favorite of the lot though. 

The birthday girl showing off her art. This was my favorite of  Emma's - The Raccoon.  She explained to me how she made her road look long in the picture. She was beyond proud of herself. I was very proud of her as well. 



The picture on the top with the black matting is Emma's 3rd piece. She did such a good job. 

The birthday girl and her mama at Steak and Shake. 

Emma and Grandma. 

Ellie and Papa

Mack refused to smile for the picture. This was the best I could get of him. 

She was bouncing off the walls if you can't tell from previous pictures. 

We came back to our house after Steak and Shake. Grandma brought a mini cake that she had made in Tifton. She loaded it all up with candles, we sang happy birthday, but....

When Emma went to blow the candles out, the candles had not been lit. 😂😂😂 I'm laying all blame on my mother since I was trying to be the photographer. Emma's face says it all in this picture. 

I accidently added a video instead of the corrected picture in which we actually lit the candles. The video won't work, but you get the point. She did get to finally blow the candles out. 

She's a chocoholic, 

Birthday party time!! The cookie cake turned out great! Emma wanted ballet shoes which surprised me. 

The theater had a small room for parties that worked out perfect. 

These 3 were beyond wound up.  

Daddy, Emma, and Mama

Let the festivities begin! Pizza time! From Emma's left: Connor Wade, Ellie, Rob  Reames, Anna Beth Barry, Mack, Holly Blair, Addy Mira, and Madison Shannon. 


These two boys on either side of Emma have been friends of hers since 2 year old preschool They insisted on sitting beside her. They are definitely the 3 musketeers. I'm sad for Emma when these sweet boys finally become boys and won't have anything to do with her. (which happened to Ellie with her buddies this year in the 2nd grade.😞)



So serious. I'm convinced that there is nothing that can hypnotize a child like tv/movies. It's scary, really. 

Emma came home after the party and opened her gifts that her very generous friends gave her. 

Mack felt like dressing up during gift opening time. Not sure what he was dressed up as though. 

Ellie, as expected, came home and immediately dressed up like boss baby. I'm so glad I signed her up for an acting camp this summer. 

These were the party favors. I ordered these for $6 from Etsy and wrapped up Hershey's candy bars with them. I like to keep party favors simple. 

No comments: