Our Blog

This blog spot is primarily a photo/memory album for our family. It also serves as a way for us to share what is going on in our lives with our friends and family that don't see us on a regular basis. Ashley, Worth, Ellie, Emma, and Mack

Aug 20, 2017

Mack's turn

This past week Mack started his 3 year old preschool class. He was so excited to finally have his turn for a "first day of school." We held Mack back so he technically should be in the 4 year old preschool class, but I prefer him being the oldest in the class vs. the youngest in the class since he's the caboose of 3 and he's a boy. He loves his class so far and told me, "mom, I think I'm really going to like my teacher." His teacher was the same teacher Ellie had as a 3 year old preschool student, Mrs. Jennifer Sumner.

The open house went great on Monday, but Wednesday when I dropped him off for his first day of actual class, it was chaos. There are 5 children in the class of 12 kids that have NEVER been away from home, not even to a mother's morning out or church nursery. All 5 of those kids were screaming their poor little heads off. As I walked Mack into the room, one of the kids threw up he was screaming so hard. Mack and his best buddy, Luke Cowart, were looking around the room like, "what in the world is going on?" The teacher was trying to comfort said puking child, and I went over and grabbed a little girl who had giant tears streaming down her face. Meanwhile, Mack is tugging at my shirt saying, "MOMMY, that crying kid is on my kiwi!" (they each are a fruit and when they enter the room, they are supposed to hang up their bags and go sit on their mat that has their fruit, Mack is obviously the kiwi.) When I walked away from the little girl I was comforting, her crying escalated. I took that as a cue that I needed to get out of there, because I was not helping the situation.

Jennifer told me the 2nd day was much better. The children that had been so upset realized that mom would come back to get them so they were ok with staying. Mack and his buddies apparently had been great and unfazed by the chaos.

Yesterday, we celebrated Mack's birthday with a birthday party at Jumpin' Jacks. It is the bouncy house place here in Valdosta. Mack had been planning this party since Emma's party back in May. He has never had a party other than with family, so this year he was aware and had his opinions on what he wanted to do. It was so much fun! Several of his friends were there, both sets of grandparents, and the Berrymans even got to come. Mack was beyond thrilled to celebrated with his cousins.

It has been another eventful week in the Bowers' house. We now gear up for tomorrow which is Mack's actual 4th birthday and the solar eclipse. I will have pictures next week documenting all of this as well as Worth being recognized at the Tift Co. vs. Cook Co. football game next Friday night.
Mack's 1st Day!!!!!

"I get to play on the big kid playground now!"

"Mama, I think I'm going to like Ms. Jennifer" 

Mack made it to his kiwi the first day. 

Notice the back of the kid on the left. This is the one that was laying across Mack's mat crying. 


It was also Winnersville week this week. Lowndes High School vs. Valdosta High School.  The girls had dress up days every day, and this is the one day I managed to snag a picture. Plowboy day. The Lowndes Vikings were known as the "plowboys" back in the day. BTW,  Lowndes beat Valdosta 45-0. Historic win for Lowndes Football. 

Meltdown in Publix. I wouldn't let him walk with the girls. 

My new rule, is that if you throw a fit in a public place, I will just start taking pictures. He wasn't too thrilled with me, but he zipped it up pretty quick when I whipped out the camera. 

At the birthday party with Bo. Mack couldn't contain his excitement.  
Mack and his best friend Luke. They have been mistaken for twins. 

Pizza time!

Add caption


E.W. giving some birthday advice. 

Emma and Ellie were determined to get their picture taken in the birthday chair. 

Mack and Bo shared the chair for a picture. 

Then Mack, Lane, and Luke. 

Mack planned his entire party, down to this cake. I had a bakery here in Valdosta make it. It was chocolate and turned out delicious. 

A much better reaction to the cake than at his 2nd birthday party. 


Add caption

Banks jumping on the activity mat. 

Ellie and Emma each won 100 tickets on a game. 

Mack won 100 tickets as well. 

I let Grandma take a turn during my massage in the massage chair. 

Best buddies. 

Sara Gwen and Mack. I can't tell ya'll how cute and funny this little girl is. And, she comes from a Bulldog lovin' family. So, I approve of her. 

We waited to open gifts until we got home. Yes, my living room still looks like this. 

Batman!

Add caption







No comments: