Our Blog

This blog spot is primarily a photo/memory album for our family. It also serves as a way for us to share what is going on in our lives with our friends and family that don't see us on a regular basis. Ashley, Worth, Ellie, Emma, and Mack

May 13, 2018

Mother's Day

I realized today that I never did last week's post, so that puts me a little behind on picture posting. We have been bustling with activity, and I left myself with tons to post on Mother's Day. Worth is on call today, so I finally have everyone in bed (somewhat) and can post these pictures before more craziness happens this week.

I'm not sure why the end of the school year just feels like you pushed fast forward on a tape in the tape deck. There are after school and during school activities that are happening daily, which has left the Bowers crew slightly sick and definitely looking forward to some upcoming beach trips.

Emma turned 7 on May the 4th! I can't believe she is 7 years old. I feel like she is still 6 weeks old, and we are unpacking boxes here in Valdosta. It has flown by. She is still a very kind, loving kid that can really read people and their feelings. She is stubborn. She doesn't feel too strongly about much, but when she does, you can go ahead and plan on losing every time. She is reading at a 3rd grade level (she LOVES a biography.) She loves to paint, draw, play Barbies, Shopkins, squishes, and that girl loves lotions and soaps that smell really good. She is a walking Bath and Body Works. I feel like she is my break between the 2 intense personalities that she is wedged between. She is mostly easy going, and definitely takes care of all of us even at her young age. (I see a possible career in healthcare or teaching in her future.)

Also, over the last 2 weeks, we've had another costume try on at dance (this time for Emma.) Mack had his last t-ball game, the girls had their annual art show at school, and Mack and I attended a mother-son superhero bash this past weekend.


These pictures are a little out of order, but I'm just going to go with it instead of trying to get them all back in order.


Emma at her birthday party

We had her party at the Draw, which is a local restaurant that provides you with materials to draw while you eat, or you can just create instead of eat. They have light up pads and you can freestyle on paper, or trace/color images they provide. 

Emma and her friend Lilee. 

Part of the party crew. Mack joined in with all the girls. 

He took his drawing/coloring very seriously. 

Everyone was hard at work. This was the easiest birthday party I've ever given. 

Emma working diligently on her butterfly. 

Anna Beth and Ellie were focused. 

Mack stuck with one color for each picture he did. 


We sang happy birthday to Emma and gave her her favorite, cookie cake! 


Emma and her friends L-R top: Addie, Emma, Lilee, Presley, Avery, Sayla, Maggie, Mack
L-R bottom: Ellie, Anna Beth

This was Emma on the morning of her actual birthday

 The opening of gifts from siblings tradition continued before we headed to school. 

Mack picked out Legos for Emma. He had no idea, but they were the "Enma" lego set that included an art studio!  He couldn't have picked a more perfect gift for his big sis. 

Emma has been asking for a neck pillow since before Christmas. Ellie finally was the one to buy it for her. Now she's set for her next travel adventure. 
Emma got another thing from Worth and I that she has been begging for. I have not wanted to get one because I'm so scared of possible injuries, but Daddy caved this time. Excuse my annoying voice on the video.









She asked for a fancy dinner at Waffle House for her birthday. She and Ellie  played as many songs as $5 would play on the jukebox (do they even call them that anymore?)

A little cinco de mayo swimming on the afternoon after her birthday party. 

We also had the final K-Kids performance of the year at church last Sunday. Ellie and Emma sang throughout the service. 


Ellie was so far away in the choir loft, it was hard to get a good picture of her. 


It was Emma's turn to try on costumes. Here is tap. Song is "Great Balls of Fire" 

I thought she was beautiful in this ballet costume, song is: " Let them be little" 

Her favorite class and costume, JAZZ! Her song is "The Way You Make Me Feel" by her favorite artist, Michael Jackson. Apparently, she was the only one in the class who was familiar with the song and actually knew who Michael Jackson was. 


So this technically wasn't Mack's last hit, but I shot this right before I had to leave to pick up Ellie from dance and get tot he art show at Westside:



The art show is my girls' favorite school activity, outside of field day. They have an amazing art teacher that has poured her love of art onto all of these kids. Emma is pointing to the turtle picture top left (pink border.) 

Another Emma art piece. 

And her favorite of all 3 pieces she drew. 

"Stonehenge" by Ellie. 

Ellie pointing to top middle picture (bordered in pink,) a castle

and then her Egyptian necklace. 

She also made a polar bear. 

I had to get a close up of that one. Worth told her that her bear had a lot of junk in the trunk. 

Mack and I before heading to the superhero bash. I decided kind of late that we could go, and therefore did not have time to do an Amazon order of a costume to match him. I did the best I could to coordinate with what I had. 

It was such a cute party that our country club hosted just for moms and their little boys. 

Mack didn't dance, he just ran laps around the dance floor. Clearly he has his father's rhythm. 

His friend Luke, however, could cut a rug! 



These two are trouble. They already have plans of being roommates at UGA in college.  They are inseparable at preschool. I have yet to let Mack know that they will be at different elementary schools for kindergarten.

No comments: