Our Blog

This blog spot is primarily a photo/memory album for our family. It also serves as a way for us to share what is going on in our lives with our friends and family that don't see us on a regular basis. Ashley, Worth, Ellie, Emma, and Mack

Jun 25, 2018

Trying to Move On

Despite the heartache, sadness, confusion, and now somewhat denial that we feel, life does go on. Worth and I are trying to soak up every last minute of it with our kids, our friends and family, and most of all, each other.

This past week, the girls had basketball camp, Mack had tennis camp, and this past weekend, I went on a girls trip to celebrate all of our upcoming 40th birthdays. The girls had a blast at basketball camp. They learned so much, and had fun while they were there. Mack only attended 2 days of tennis camp. Last weekend he came down with the virus that Ellie had and was vomiting pretty bad on Sunday. He skipped Monday tennis and went Tuesday. Well, apparently the virus had not completed it's beat down and he began having massive diarrhea Tuesday. He finally made the last day of camp Thursday. I felt so bad for him because he wanted to go, but felt so bad. I ended up not getting any pictures of him because the 2 days he went, I was at work and our babysitter took him. I feel a little bad about that. There will be more camps to come, however, for me to get pictures.

This past weekend I went to Amelia Island, FL with some of my best friends for the last 20+ years. It took us about 5 months to plan this trip with all of our schedules. After everything that happened at Ft. Morgan I didn't care about going and especially didn't want to leave my kids. I had pretty much written the trip off. Worth ended up talking me into it, and I'm glad I went. It is really good for the soul to be around old friends. It felt good to catch up with everyone, and honestly, to just sit on the beach and listen to music. We had a great time. I'm sure it won't happen for at least another 10 years or so, but I hope we can do it again at some point sooner than that.

Here are the pictures from the week:
Emma and Ellie on their first day of basketball camp at VSU

Never a dull moment with this guy. They were playing "King and  Queen." Mack had glasses and the play money. Excuse our very messy office. 


There has been swimming every afternoon in this terrible heat. Mack and Emma were racing in this picture. Leave it to Emma to make everything a competition

Mack playing hookie from tennis camp because of his stomach bug. The maid was cleaning our house so we had to get out. We went to get smoothies. Mack got a big water and an "awesome orange" smoothie. He only drank the water. 

Emma's best friend, Madison, came to visit last Wednesday. Her dad is an air force pilot and they  moved  this past weekend. Emma was sad to see Madison leave, but glad that they got one more play date together. 

Sweet friends for 2 years. 

Emma wanted to give Madison a gift. She gave her a picture frame with a picture of the 2 of them together for Madison to put in her new bedroom at her new house. 

This pretty much sums up Mack last week. 

At the gymnastics gym there are candy machines. I never let the kids get candy, mainly because I somehow never have 3 quarters,  and the machines only take quarters. This week I had enough quarters for all 3 kids, and Mack was ecstatic to get the flavored gum. He was dividing his gum loot up to look at all the colors and try the flavors one at a time in this picture. He didn't like the gum. Imagine that. 

This was from Friday night dinner at the beach. We went to Amelia Tavern and I got the ahi tuna dish. I though it was too pretty not to take a picture. It was delicious as well. 

Millie and Lauren holding down the tent. 

Me, Kathryn, and Allison enjoying the sun shine. 

The whole crew that was able to come. We were missing some folks.
Top R-L: Kathryn, Allison, me
bottom R-L: Neilie, Millie, Lauren

Worth went to the final day of basketball camp and I asked him to take some pictures for me. This is all I got.  He did take a video though. I've posted it next.




No comments: