Our Blog

This blog spot is primarily a photo/memory album for our family. It also serves as a way for us to share what is going on in our lives with our friends and family that don't see us on a regular basis. Ashley, Worth, Ellie, Emma, and Mack

Mar 8, 2020

Basketball playoffs, Dr. Seuss week, and Glow Festival 2020

In the past 2 weeks we have finished up basketball, begun baseball and softball, celebrated Dr. Seuss, and taken part in an awesome/exhausting glow festival.

The basketball season ended with Mack and Emma's teams losing their first game in the playoff. Mack was not as bothered by it as Emma. I snapped some pictures at Mack's game, but accidentally left my phone at home during Emma's game. Thankfully, Mia was there and took some pictures and even got a quick video of Emma's free throw attempt.

Mack learned so much this season despite their coach stepping down after the first game. 





Sweet kindergarten and 1st grade boys. Go Flying Tigers!
I posted Mack's free throw last week (actually, I  posted the wrong video, but I have since corrected it.) This week, I have footage of Emma making her free throw: 






Last Sunday, Emma had her first softball practice. She wanted to give softball a try this season. She was a little nervous but did great! I'm looking forward to watching her play.

She did so well at practice and had fun! 



I'm getting terrible about remembering to get a picture, especially in the mornings when  we have to leave SOOOO early for Ellie to do safety patrol. I snapped this on Wednesday for Wacky Wednesday during Dr. Seuss week. Thankfully, all 3 of my kids enjoy dressing up. Mack was beyond excited to have his mohawk on Wednesday. 




I got 2 pictures at the glow festival. This is one of them. I was in charge of Emma AND Ellie's class this year. I had one mom (the one in the picture) show up to help me, but otherwise I was in the music room running the corn hole booth and the "Prize Pong" booth. for the full 3 hours of the festival. I came up with the prize pong game because I was assigned Elle's class at the last minute and all of the easy games were taken. I thought this version of beer pong would be fun. They had to bounce the ball into a cup and they got whatever prize was in the cup. The kids seemed to love it, and I had a couple of parents giving me their kids tickets to play. 


It's hard to tell in this picture, but it was glowing all over. I scored the music room for both of my booths so I could  handle both together. We had lights, music, and it stayed packed most of the night. Corn hole is always a hit with everyone. 


We got home late, but these 2 were still smiles after all of their prize winning and fun. 


3 days later we are STILL trying to get the glow hair chalk out of their hair. 


This video is long, but it is one Emma took at the Glow Festival of Ellie climbing to the top of the rock wall. She saved most of her tickets and did the rock wall 8 times!!






Yesterday, I was going through the kids' folders and book bags and found this. I just thought it was too funny not to share! 



No comments: