Our Blog

This blog spot is primarily a photo/memory album for our family. It also serves as a way for us to share what is going on in our lives with our friends and family that don't see us on a regular basis. Ashley, Worth, Ellie, Emma, and Mack

Mar 16, 2020

Coronovirus didn't get our plans this week.

The country has gone absolutely insane. Schools ended last Friday for at least 2 weeks to prevent the spread of coronavirus that has entered our country. It seems like there is some scary virus that circulates and causes pandemonium every election year. All church services, social gatherings, and sports have been cancelled indefinitely. It's scary and laughable all at the same time. I'm all about being cautious, but at the current time, flu has killed more people that Coronovirus this year and yet schools weren't shut down for that? I really do hope and pray no one gets it, but I think the mass pandemonium is a little overboard. I have been thoroughly confused as to why people are hoard buying toilet paper, paper towels, and bottled water. COVID-19 is not a stomach virus, and I'm pretty sure the virus will not interfere with our water supply. After seeing the grocery store during my weekly trip this past Friday, I was convinced there was a hurricane coming that I wasn't informed about.

Either way, we are officially on Bowers homeschool mode for the next couple of weeks, and we certainly haven't let this virus scare keep us away from doing fun stuff.
Basketball is over and that means end of season parties and trophies. Mack didn't care much for the party cupcakes, but he was thrilled for the trophy. 
Baseball practice was going strong until this week. We are now on a 2 week hold. 


It was q week at school last week and Mack insisted on taking Granny Rae's quilt that is on the bed in his room. He was so proud to tell his friends about it and his great grandmother who made it. I guess he never paid attention to the date that Granny Rae put on there when she made it. He got in the car after school and said, "MOM, did you know that this quilt was made in 1981? That was soooo long ago!" 


Next up was Emma's basketball party at the Mill. 

Emma getting her trophy from her coach. 

His comment was, "the next trophy goes to the girl that may be the smallest one the team, but boy, she can get after it!" 

Her sweet team and coaches minus 2 girls L-R from top: Coach Tommy Watson, Lilee Watson, Coach Jennifer Watson, Sayla Kierce, Madeline Veal, Emma, and Claire (never knew Claire's last name)


Saturday, Mack had a bowling party to attend. we decided to stay and bowl ourselves. 


Emma didn't do that great at first, and she was VERY upset about it, but she began to improve the more we played. She is so competitive it's hard for her if she isn't performing well at something. 


Ellie enjoyed being our game commentator. 


After bowling, we headed out to VCC to play some golf. I was there mainly to drive a golf cart so all 3 kids could play with Worth. 


Mack has improved so much since the last time I watched him. 



Ellie hadn't played in a while, so she needed some tips from Daddy. 

Emma got some advice too. 


It was such a beautiful day!

I snapped this picture and when I went back and looked at it, I fell in love with it. I'm so glad I caught it. 

Ellie was working hard on her swing. 


Today "Bowers Homeschool" commenced. I had to work this morning, so I left the kids with the babysitter and a  handful of chores each. Once I got home though, it was game on. They were not thrilled at first but they knocked out today's assignments in about an hour or so. 


Ellie does not like math. 


Emma got cozy in my room for her lessons. 

No comments: