Our Blog

This blog spot is primarily a photo/memory album for our family. It also serves as a way for us to share what is going on in our lives with our friends and family that don't see us on a regular basis. Ashley, Worth, Ellie, Emma, and Mack

Nov 7, 2012

4 year and 18 month check up

Yesterday was the girls' well check. Ellie's 4 year and Emma's 18 month. After a week of prepping, role play and discussion, I just knew that Ellie would do wonderfully getting her shots. WRONG! Thankfully, the only shot Emma got was her flu shot. Ellie got 4 or 5 sticks and it took 3 of us to hold her down. She screamed like she was being murdered. The nurses commented on how strong she was as we held her down. One nurse said "dynamite comes in small packages." Emma was just staring at Ellie like "why are they hurting my sister?"

It was the most traumatic event I've been through with Ellie, (and I gave birth to her with no epidural!) I think I was scarred more than Ellie! Ellie's comment to the nurse when we were done: "I'm not getting anymore shots ever again!"

As far as stats, Ellie is still 10th percentile in weight, 50-60th percentile in height. She weighed 30lbs. Emma on the other hand weighs 22lbs 11 and1/2 oz. Emma is 50th percentile across the board.

The picture below is in the doctor'a office prior to shots! I won't discuss the election today:( all I have to say is thanks America for flushing my career down the toilet!

No comments: