Our Blog

This blog spot is primarily a photo/memory album for our family. It also serves as a way for us to share what is going on in our lives with our friends and family that don't see us on a regular basis. Ashley, Worth, Ellie, Emma, and Mack

Nov 26, 2017

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

This week was Thanksgiving, and the beginning of the Christmas season for our family. It seems like both of our families are always in different directions during the Thanksgiving holidays. This year was no different, and Worth was on call the Wednesday before Thanksgiving day. I decided to host Thanksgiving lunch at my house since Worth would most likely work most of the previous night, and I thought it would be easier on him instead of traveling anywhere.

Mia was in Augusta with her mom (Grandmama Cavaleri,) the Berryman's were at the farm in Lincolnton, GA with Jay's family, and Amos, Anna and baby Hardy were in Augusta with Anna's family. That left Worth, myself, Ellie, Emma, Mack, E.W., Sa, Grandma, and Papa to celebrate here in Valdosta. We had tons of food which I failed to take pictures of,😞 the girls put on a small skit about Thanksgiving, and we all probably ate more than we needed to. It was a very relaxing afternoon. Worth and I were so very thankful to spend time with those precious family members despite missing the others.

Friday morning we headed to Hambrick's tree farm to pick out the perfect Christmas tree. It took us a while to decide. When you have 5 people with varying opinions of a perfect tree, it can take a while. We finally agreed on a tree and headed home to decorate it.

The rest of the weekend Worth and the kids worked on the outside of the house. Well, Worth worked and the kids played. Worth really gets into the outdoor decorations, so I just let him do his thing. I handle inside, he handles the outside. It looks so good this year! I took a short video that I will post on here, but Worth says he's got a few more lights to hang.

Emma made her Christmas list for Santa already. She had to interpret for me. 

The table was all set for Thanksgiving! 

Since it was raining out, Emma and Mack played in the garage until lunch was ready. Yes, Mack wore the ironman/avenger(?) costume the ENTIRE time. My mom kept them Tuesday night so I could work on preparing food. She took them to a thrift store, and Mack found this costume, and of course, my mother bought it for him. I finally made him take it off yesterday, so I could wash it. He had worn and slept in it since Tuesday, it was pretty gross. 

The turkey was busy frying. 

Sa, Worth, and E,W, having a serious discussion while enjoying their bloody marys. 

Ellie produced, directed, and performed in a skit for us. This was the program she made. 

I attempted a coconut chiffon cake this year. It turned out pretty good!  I didn't get a picture before we started cutting into it. 

This was around 5:00pm Thanksgiving night. They were pooped! 

At the tree farm! 

The hunt is on! 

ALWAYS performing

And the winner is....

Worth let Mack hold the saw. Mack was more excited about that than the tree Worth had just cut down. 

Our Elf, Red, comes the morning after Thanksgiving day.  Amazingly, he showed up on time again this year, with a note! That Red is one smart elf! 

We got the Christmas music cranked up, and Emma got to hang the first ornament. 

I caught Worth dancing with the girls while they were decorating. It was  too cute to pass up taking a picture. 







No comments: