Our Blog

This blog spot is primarily a photo/memory album for our family. It also serves as a way for us to share what is going on in our lives with our friends and family that don't see us on a regular basis. Ashley, Worth, Ellie, Emma, and Mack

Nov 12, 2017

Nutcracker rehearsals cont'd....

We are getting closer and closer to the Nutcracker performance. Emma will perform her for the first time in the Nutcracker this year as a mouse. This week, I had to attend a parent observation in her class to check costumes, get back stage instructions, etc. It was so much fun to watch Emma do her dance. She has a HUGE class, so there will be tons of little mice onstage this year.

Saturday, we all attended the final soccer games. Mack had one game, and Emma had to do tournament play. Emma had come down with strep this past week, and I thought about not letting her play. When I decided to tell her this she immediately had a meltdown. I know part of the tears were primarily due to exhaustion and sickness, but she genuinely wanted to play her last game. By Saturday morning, she had not run a fever in 24 hours and had had 2 doses of her antibiotic. She was acting normally, so  I let her go. She begged, and when Emma begs, no one can say no. She honestly had no other symptoms other than the previous mild fever and sore throat. I almost didn't even take her to be checked for strep, but Worth thought we needed to.

Emma's team won their first game, but missed the chance of the playoff in their second game. They all played so well and worked so hard. There was a big improvement in Emma's soccer playing from her first game to her last this season. Mack, showed some improvement as well. I was so proud of both of my little soccer players this year, even if it was exhausting!

Our little mouse on a horse. These costumes were handmade over 20 years ago. Some of them are showing it. Emma's costume is good though and will hold up for the performance. 🙏

Lining up, I didn't video because it is so hard to do it in the studio with such limited space. the girls were practically dancing n top of us, and a mother in front of me had the most massive double stroller I had ever seen for her twin babies. 

Waiting patiently to start

They had some free dance time, and siblings could join in. I'm not really sure why Mack when out there, he just stood at the bar most of the time and refused to dance. 

They do love each other sometimes. I have to document when it happens. 

Emma practicing her kicks. 

....and leaps


I couldn't resist getting a picture of her and her tongue. She did this almost the entire time. She was concentrating so hard! 

Mack at his final soccer game. 

I didn't get any great pictures, but I promise he played so well! 

I though the little girls on the sidelines were cute snuggled up in their blankets. It was FREEZING (for south GA.)

Emma in action. 

Her and another girl on her team were snuggled up in blankets on the sidelines as well. 

Lining up to shake hands with the other team. This was their final game and a loss. They were all so upset, but they played so well! 

No comments: