Our Blog

This blog spot is primarily a photo/memory album for our family. It also serves as a way for us to share what is going on in our lives with our friends and family that don't see us on a regular basis. Ashley, Worth, Ellie, Emma, and Mack

Mar 31, 2019

Coach Pitch, Camels, Donkeys, and Field Day

This week we are in full swing with Mack playing coach pitch baseball. His team is getting better, and would be good if they can just figure out which base to run to.

We attended "The Promise" at our church this past Wednesday night. The girls have been in it for the last 2 years, but this year they decided to sit it out and just be an audience member. The play was changed up a little bit this year, and I'm still deciding if it was for the better at this point. One big change that went over well with all that came to the play, was a live nativity on the lawn of the church. There were actual, live lambs, goats, a donkey, and a camel! The kids LOVED it!

Friday was field day for Ellie and Emma and other than Christmas, is their absolute favorite event of the year. I went for a few hours in the morning and enjoyed watching them compete. I was standing with Ellie's class between events, and I noticed several of the boys coming up to ask Ellie to race them. I was like, "why do they want to race my skinny, white daughter?" Well, her teacher later informed me that Ellie has been racing and beating all of the boys on the playground.  It's killing them. She said they race her daily and have yet to win. I thought it was comical. Maybe Ellie has a future on a track team somewhere? Emma was precious and having so much fun. This was the first year since Ellie was in Kindergarten that they haven't had rain at field day. It was gorgeous outside and couldn't have been a more perfect day.


I finally caught a quick video of Mack hitting the ball:



Mack did not hesitate jumping in on the live nativity. He went straight for the donkey, 


The camel was a little scary, mainly because he peed for about 5 minutes, and it was ALOT  of urine on the ground behind him. 
Emma was not a fan of the animals. I had to beg her to pose for this shot with the camel WAY in the background. 


The baby goats captivated Mack. 

In this picture, Ellie was asking for a baby lamb of her own. 
Emma's class was my first stop upon entering field day zone. 


This game was called hungry hippo and was a little dangerous in my opinion. 

Water games are a hit with the hot kids. 

Tug of War is always my favorite to watch. I used to love it as a kid. 

I just feel sorry for the PE teachers who had to blow up well over 1000 balloons for this station. 

4 person tug of war. Ellie won this twice. Not sure how she beat those bigger kids, but she did it. 


Water balloon toss. 

More water competitions

In her defense, the sponge had been held by TONS of kids. I'm sure it was super gross. 
Emma rocked the limbo. 



After I picked Mack up from school following my field day adventure. I had to run to Sams. I didn't realize that he had worn this tie all day - to school, Sams, and Walmart. 



No comments: