Our Blog

This blog spot is primarily a photo/memory album for our family. It also serves as a way for us to share what is going on in our lives with our friends and family that don't see us on a regular basis. Ashley, Worth, Ellie, Emma, and Mack

Mar 10, 2019

Bowers Super Kids Week

This week was very exciting. Ellie presented at a coding exhibition at her school, Emma's team won the basketball silver championship tournament, and Mack, well, he's just being Mack.

Ellie's gifted/talented class (Discoveries) hosted a coding exhibition for parents to attend to see projects the kids had created using code. Ellie opened the program and did such a good job speaking in front of all the parents. I had no idea that was going to happen, so I didn't get the full video, but whipped out my phone as quickly as I could. She was also team leader for the robot they created. She did such a good job. I get so exasperated with her at home most days. I put her in bed at night, and I beat myself up for how I responded to her intensity that day. What I ignored, what I let get to me, what I overreacted to, ALWAYS makes me feel like I'm terrible at being her mother, until I see her in her element like this. She loves a spotlight and relishes in it. She loves coding and is so incredibly smart that I sometimes have to remind myself that she is only 10. I am ALWAYS so thankful for her, and proud to be her mom even if I'm not having my most proud moments attempting to parent her. I've got pretty awesome kids despite my insecurities. 

Emma's team played for the silver bracket championship Friday night, and they won! They all played their hearts out and it paid off. We were finally able to get some shots up and play amazing defense. Emma doesn't like to lose and I love that about her. She was the shortest girl on the team this year, but by far, the most fierce. 

The weather has been so nice this weekend that the kids decided to go for a swim. The pool is still freezing, but that didn't seem to bother them much yesterday. I can't believe how quickly we are approaching another summer!






Ellie, starting off the show at the coding exhibition





Ellie got to introduce a previous Dawg, Joshua Clements, who visited the exhibition to discuss coding with the kids. Worth quickly told Ellie that he had gotten kicked off the UGA team. He currently plays for the Washington Redskins. 


Ellie's team coded a robot that would over the ocean floor picking up trash that may harm sea life. The robot had special detectors that could distinguish trash from sea animals. This is the beginning of the presentation. I had to quit filming because a crowd of people were trying to pass by.





The group explaining their prototype to parents walking by. 

Ellie and her team. 


Team Westside - Silver Champs!


This was one PROUD little basketball player. 



Westside is the best side!

Final score

Saturday was pool time. 


Mack wasn't so sure at first. It was COLD!

Ellie and Emma wanted to christen their new float for 2019. 


no caption needed




1 comment:

pcb said...

Bursting with pride over here!