Our Blog

This blog spot is primarily a photo/memory album for our family. It also serves as a way for us to share what is going on in our lives with our friends and family that don't see us on a regular basis. Ashley, Worth, Ellie, Emma, and Mack

Nov 3, 2013

Mack - 2 Months

Halloween week was crazy! So, I'm posting every day this week to separate everything out the best way I can. Today's post is Mack at 2 months. He turned 2 months October 21st, but he didn't go to the doctor, and I didn't have stats on him until October 31st. So, at 10 weeks he weighed in at 10lb 1oz (11th percentile), Height was 23.5 in. (60th percentile) and head circumference was 15.25in. (20th percentile). To compare him to the girls: Ellie at 2 months: Wt.= 8lb. 1/2oz., Ht. = 22in. Head circum. = 14.25in. Emma at 2 months: Wt. = 9lb. 13oz. Ht= 21in. Head circum.= 14.5in.

At 2 months Mack is a sweet baby. He is sleeping about 6-7 hours at night, eating, then going right back to sleep until we have to leave to take the girls to school. He does have quite a few minor issues that have completely stressed me out. His baby acne is clearing up, as well as his blocked tear duct in his right eye. However, his cradle cap is still pretty bad. He also has torticollis, which is a tightening of his sternocleidomastoid muscle in his neck on the right side. If you've paid close attention in the pictures, he keeps his head tilted to the right with his chin pointing left. He is seeing the physical therapist that I work with 1x/week and Worth and I are working on him several times a day. We stretch, massage the muscle, do LOTS of tummy time and hold him so gravity pulls his head in the opposite direction. He doesn't like most of it, and it breaks my heart when he cries. I know it probably hurts, but I also know the alternative if we don't get him straight! The girls didn't have any of these issues, so it has been a new experience for me.

He is so precious and sweet though. He has already learned that he has to be patient and share mommy with his big sisters.





2 comments:

pcb said...

Sweet boy! Interesting how his stats compare to the girls; little peanut is bigger all around.

Lauren and Eddie said...

Ashley, I'm a friend of Kate's and I've read for a while but never commented. :) One of my best friend's little boy had torticollis as an infant. He wound up doing physical therapy for a bit - probably doing many of the same things that you and Worth are doing with Mack. They worked on it for a few months to correct it. He's a big, healthy almost-8-year-old now and you'd never know anything was ever wrong! Your babies are beautiful! I've so enjoyed reading about them!